>Just some more notes on what I liked or didn’t like for some games that caught my eye.
- No music during the intro
- Trial mode makes me choose a storage device even though you can’t save games
- I am confronted with a big screen of controls
- The font is hard to read in places
- Text appears on top of each other in places
- The sound levels are very inconsistent
- A few bugs (when I try to resume the game (with no saved game), things flash and I get the same error message back.
I looks like there may be some deep gameplay here, but the game is a bit confusing and doesn’t feel very polished.
- Trial mode makes me choose a storage device
- It is very bright and cheery
- The art is basic – definitely “dev art”, like my game.
- Fairly clever gameplay mechanic
- Introduces you gradually, which is nice
Overall I liked this simple game. For what it is, it seems fairly polished, though it isn’t really the kind of game I would play.
- Made me choose a storage device
- The difficulty ramps up nicely
- Graphics are basic but good
- The music is a little annoying
It lacks a little polish. The main menu, however, is fairly slick. This just makes the rest of the game feel under-polished.